Grapefruit and Lime Sherbet with Campari
Water: 1 Litre
Sugar: 17 Oz
Vanilla: 0.1 Pod
Lime Rind: 1 Tsp
Mint fresh: 3 Sprigs
Lemon Juice: 200 ml
Grapefruit Juice: 600 ml (Canned)
Stabilizer (Cremodan Brand): 0.5 Oz
Campari: 400 ml
Grenadine Syrup : 10 ml (For Color only)
Caramelized Fresh Orange Sections: 60 Ea
Caramelized Fresh Grapefruit Sections: 60 Ea
Lemon: 1 Ea
Icing sugar: For Dusting:
Grape Fruit Chip: 60 Ea
Mint Sprigs: 60 Ea www.balitour-transport.com
· Mix stabilizer with 0.5 oz of sugar and set aside.
· Make sugar syrup with water and sugar vanilla, mint and lime rind, add lemon juice, and bring to a boil.
· Cool for three hours.
· Add grapefruit juice, Grenadine and Campari. Strain through a fine strainer.
· Churn in the ice-cream machine.
For Caramelized Grapefruit & Orange Sections:
· Remove fresh sections from oranges and grapefruits.
· Dust little icing sugar on fresh orange sections and seal it on a very hot flat top, for a few seconds, to achieve a little caramel color.
· Repeat the process for fresh grape fruit sections.
· Care to be taken when sealing on flat top, as the flat top needs to very hot and the color to be given only on one side.